New Twist on Spring Styles

Our spring photo shoot features some new looks to inspire you.  First we have our Cool  Breeze short hair cut style that offers a ice color.  This a fun and funky look for day time.

Or you can spruce it up for the evening by changing your accessories.

And it looks fabulous from all angles!

Second up is our Fushia Blend Weave that can be worn in three different ways depending on your mood.  First it can be worn straightened with a soft curl.

Then you can wet this style down and wear it curly.

Last but least you can have it cut into a style.

This is a new twist on the Grand Kinky Twist style.  Large and voluminous, this style is not recommended for those with fine hair or who are tender headed.

Senegalese Twist are a traditional style created in Senegal, West Africa that continues to be a staple in hair styling using different textures of hair, different lengths, and different sizes.

Beautiful from every angle!

Please call us at Khamit Kinks  for details on these styles as they are not yet available on our website.  718-422-2600

Did you like this? Share it:
15 Responses to New Twist on Spring Styles
  1. Anu
    July 31, 2012 | 11:47 am

Hi,

I’m from london and a natural, I was wondering what hair is best used to achieve this “Grand kinky twist”?

Thanks

• Anu Prestonia
      August 4, 2012 | 8:27 am

Dear Anu,

Oh my goodness, it’s so funny to be addressing someone else with my name. That has never happened before. I was wondering if I had written in to myself to ask myself a question, LOL! In any event, the Grand Twist should be done only if your hair is really thick and healthy because it’s a heavy style and can cause traction alopecia on thin and or fine hair.

I would recommend finding a Stylist who already knows how to do Two Strand Twists styles with extensions and all she has to do is increase the volume of the hair to create the Grand Twists.

2. Jetta
    August 11, 2012 | 12:36 am

I really really the Grand Kinky Twist,I’ve been natural 4,2 years now I’ve worn twist outs&I last tried Nubian twist which was different &got me many compliments,I’m a lol thin on the sides do do u think I could get this style,on not tender headed& overall my hair is healthy please give me ur advise&also how long do u think this style will last

• Anu Prestonia
      August 15, 2012 | 10:59 am

Dear Jetta,

If your hair is already thin on the edges, I would not recommend seeing this style. It is rather heavy and I recommend this style to those with really thick and healthy. My hair is kind of fine/thin naturally and when I had this style done I found it too heavy to be comfortable for me. It may have to do with my age. As I get older, I am less able to tolerate discomfort.

For thinning edges I would recommend no extensions at all or either an extension style that is much lighter. But we would have to see your hair in person to determine that for sure.

3. toni
    August 17, 2012 | 11:21 pm

I love the Twist, but what type of hair is used to achieve this look?

• Anu Prestonia
      August 19, 2012 | 7:15 am

Hi Toni,

The hair used is called Rasta hair or Bob Marley hair.

4. Nicnac
    November 16, 2012 | 12:41 pm

Hi there,
    i really like the Fushia Blend weave, would you know what hair is used for that style please as i like that you can curl it or wet it for a crinkly look.:-)

• Anu Prestonia
      November 21, 2012 | 10:20 am

The hair used for that is a packaged hair that can be found in the beauty supply store. I will look into the name of it for you.

5. Nae
    February 5, 2013 | 6:22 pm

Curious, how long can (or usually) the Grand Kinky Twist style last? Also, are the ends curled with hot water or rods or a combination of both? Thanks in advance.

• Anu Prestonia
      February 6, 2013 | 12:13 pm

Dear Nae,
      It depends on the texture and length of your hair. But because it’s rather heavy, I wouldn’t recommend keeping them longer than six weeks. The ends are curled in a number of different ways, including hot water and rods.

6. anet
    August 2, 2013 | 2:41 pm

i was wondering how many packages was used for the grand kinky twist.

7. anet
    August 2, 2013 | 2:44 pm

i was wondering how many packages were used for grand kinky twists.

8. Ashley
    August 20, 2013 | 2:07 pm

I was wondering if i go to the beauty supply and im looking for the hair what is the name of it? Could i wear the style longer than what it is in the pick or would it be heavy?

• Anu Prestonia
      August 29, 2013 | 2:38 pm

Hello Ashley,
      The hair used was the Marley hair. It shouldn’t be left in too long if the twists are this large. The hairline should be re-done by the 3rd week if you are going to leave it in for up to six weeks. In terms of how heavy the hair is, it’s different for everyone. However, none of our clients hair complained of the weight.

9. osefrance.org